I’ve finally managed to fix and improve emailing out service rotas – the 2 bugs were simple to fix, but I wanted to add a message to the email too. Please update to v0.584 now for the improvement.
As ever do let me know via the support pages if you find a bug – I’d love the Church Admin plugin to serve your church well! If you do use it please consider a paypal donation -we would like to visit friends who are planting in China and your donation will help us go and be a blessing.
I wanted to make it easier to add people to a specific ministry in the church – which helps with communicating by email and rotas. So as of v0.580 when you click on a specific ministry within the Ministry List, you will be able to see who is in that ministry and delete them or add new ones.
The add field is autocomplete so you can add more than one at a time with commas.
The latest version 0.557 of the WordPress Church Admin plugin has gone international and maptastic!
1) Addresses are now entered in a one line format to be more international friendly. On the output pages a comma will trigger a new line.
2) People can have a prefix before their surname like “van der” – but the directories will still be sorted by alphabetic surname
3) You can store a meeting venue for small groups and geocode the address for a map
[church_admin type=”small-groups-list” map=1] will give the map format if you have geocoded addresses and defaults back to the old format if not.
Sometimes it is a good idea to reset all the passwords for your WordPress website and email the users to let them know their new password. Especially when you have been hacked – if you have been hacked, read about what to do
My emergency password reset plugin will regenerate every user’s password and email it to them. If you have been hacked, I advise you change all the SALTS in wp-config.php, which forces all users to log out too. WordPress.org provides a tool to generate new SALTS.
To us my bulk emergency password reset and email plugin…
1) Download the emergency-password-reset at wordpress.org plugin
2) Upload the zip file to your plugins directory and activate.
3) If you are and administrator you can click on “Reset all Passwords” – the plugin will generate new more secure passwords and let all the users know.
We recently invited all our twenties to lunch one Sunday after church and they were surprised how many there were. They are all in different small groups, so how can we use the WordPress Church Admin plugin to communicate with them all as one group?
Use the Ministry Section! I’d used it for leaders of ministries upto know (like youth leaders, worship band), but why not use it to organise comms with other groups in your Church like the youth themselves, the twenties, singles…
A new update this afternoon will fix a few bugs and add language support. So if you want to translate the plugin, go for it!
Do you have any other tips on using the Church Admin plugin?