A good church website needs to do a lot of things.
1) To a potential first time visitor, it needs to communicates the who, what, where and when through words, images, sermon mp3s and even video that the church is worth trying
2) To regulars, it needs to help the church flow and function in its mission through information, downloads, rotas, perhaps even offering sms and email messaging to users.
The Gateway Church website does all that – a first timer will get enough of a feel from the front page to visit and under the hood are powerful communication and administration tools to facilitate the church mission
I’ve made some improvements to the Church Admin Plugin in v0.52
Main menu – vastly improved with drag and drop and close
Rota management – the rota now uses autocomplete to store people in their job! You can also email the rota out to participants
Sermons – can now be uploaded and podcasted – mosts hosts have an upload limit of 8MB, so there is a facility to add already uploaded files that perhaps you have ftp’d.
The cache of emails is now stored in a subdirectory the uploads directory – with a redirect in the old directory.
Photos You can upload photos for people, but not much use is made of them yet
- Activation errors
- Tied up code and initialise all variables more correctly
- Functions that require people to be in the directory first only show when directory is populated.
- Shortcodes page in the menu to list all the shortcode options
- Photos in the directory as an option
- Bible passages in the sermon uploader
- Rewrite of the calendar module – with ical support
- Instruction Manual
Writing and updating the plugin is pretty time consuming but fun and largely fuelled by coffee, so if you like, please thank me with a brew!…
What would you like to see added to the plugin?