I’ve completed the first phase of a major rewrite of the church admin plugin that will allow a lot more powerful features!
It changes the way people are stored a lot so that they can have roles and be in different small groups etc.
Version 0.4.x makes that change – more powerful role and rota management will come soon.
You can migrate in to the address book current wordpress users.
An exciting feature is geolocation of addresses – so if you are doing an update, you will need to edit each address to store the geodata – easier than it sounds
If you want to show maps on the address list, please change the shortcodes
[church-admin type=address_list member_type_id=1 map=1] for member's list
[church-admin type=address_list member_type_id=1 map=0] for visitor's list
The address lists are split into member and visitor currently as before – soon you can add more levels of membership e.g. regular attender…
Sending bulk emails can goto small group members, people of various roles, everyone and chosen individuals
Could you test it for me and post in the forum how it works for you please?
The update is not on wordpress.org yet – still in beta!
Version 0.4.1 here
So, if you want to be a tester (backup your DB! first)…
- Deactivate the church-admin plugin and delete it
- Download the beta version and upload it to using the Add new plugins.
- Post in the forum any problems in the BETA section! (the Directory page will have any activation errors on it for you to post – Not that there will be any!!!)
If it goes horribly wrong for you….
- Deactivate the plugin and delete it from teh plugins menu.
- Go into phpmyadmin of your host and find the right db for your wordpress installation. In teh SQL tab paste this little lot
- Re install the current stable version from wordpress.org
- Voila! Back to normal